Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Comments from Friendly Readers

The people who have read the first three chapters have this to say about the book so far:

A - Wow, couldn’t stop reading once I started… really GOOD!! Is it all real or do you make some of it up? Totally sounds like you… I can hear your voice as I read… what happened with the ------ (spoiler)? Was it real?

B - You definitely have me wanting to read more and I love the Susquehanna County setting. (hmm, do I smell smoke??)

C - I just read the chapters that you sent. Funny thing is in the middle of the second chapter I stopped to go through Caroline's vocabulary words with her. And right after that, I read (spoiler)......

We both feel like we want to know what happens next! The story is progressing well. I especially like the reflections on (spoiler) ......it takes me back to my childhood. There is also good foreshadowing. We know something happened after the (spoiler) and we want to know what. I remember the first pages and the dangerous ....... and wonder if that was the scene of the problem. Is the ........? I need to read more to find out! This is all good.

These comments are great for me as a writer. They are very encouraging and I need that at this early stage. Who knows, maybe they are intriguing to you as a reader! Thanks, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment