Saturday, July 18, 2020

A new chapter in life - Recognizing a Call

During an online social hour with friends last night, I mentioned that I need to do some theological work to prepare for an upcoming oral examination. My friend suggested that I blog. I have blogged in the past as you can see here. A lot has happened in the world and my life since my last entry in April 2013. A lot.

I started a new job in August 2013 and continue to work at the same place, but we were acquired by another company and there have been many changes. I'm still married to the same guy - a good match - and we live in the same log house on the same dirt road. Our children, who were in middle school, are now young adults. I was in my 50s and struggling with questions about my faith and have since entered my 60s and graduated from seminary. The world has seemingly become less stable and more dangerous, but it may just be that things that had been lurking in the shadows are now being exposed in the light.

If you're interested in questions about faith, you might find something of value here. I'm hoping for courteous, thoughtful, challenging discussions. You may notice that I bring science and healing into the conversation somewhat often. That's because of my training as a scientist and educator.

My call, as I understand it, is to awaken people to the beauty and balance of a life centered on loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself. If you're interested, you can find that in a Bible in the Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 22, verses 36 to 40.

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment