Friday, June 12, 2009

Too good to be true?

This will be quick. The kids are out of school so private time is at a premium!

I responded to the offer for a research associate position by saying that I was not comfortable working past the time when my children normally get home from school, at least, not every day.   I outlined the hours I am comfortable working, i.e. 8:30 to 3:00 (considering I will have an hour commute, that would get me home just in time).  I calculated that it would add up to 6.5 hours per day. If you multiply by 5 days per week, you get 6.5 x 5 = 32.5. The normal week is 40, so 32.5/40 = just over 75% (which is 30 hrs per week).  

He came back with ........OK. You can work 75% and have 75% salary!  Oh ....MY!....

Take? Leave? Laugh? Quake with Fear?

It seems to be now or never.  

I said, OK. Send me a contract. p.s. Do I get vacation time?

1 comment:

  1. Congrates.. I finished the book yesterday.. Very Good ! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete